Alright, so super updates since the beginning of summer. SUPER.
First of all, this summer was one of the greatest I've ever had in my life. I am not joking around. This is serious business. I am so thankful to have such a great group of friends with minimal drama, and I know how lucky I am to have such a great guy and all of that jazz. Basically, I had a lot of crazy nights, and a lot of great memories to hold onto. There are updates on other fronts, as well.
So I went to Florida for the first time. Not a big fan of planes, now that I have successfully been on two plane rides. They made me feel like I was in a bubble. Wahhh. Not cool. But I survived a plane ride with a hangover from the epic proportioned night before...where many things happened...I blame Cory for it all, lol. But other than that I absolutely fucking LOVE Florida. Everyday was worth it. Ryan's parents were great, and so nice to us, and we got spoiled the whole time, but we stayed in an epic ritzy resort, and it was right on the beach, and it was the most amazing time I ever had. Unfortunately, that's the turning point of when my life turned from carefree teenager having a good time to young adult ready to face life's realities.
My boyfriend, Ryan, got accepted into a great school with a program for Nuclear Energy Technology, which is basically a random field where many jobs are available and needed and you can make a lot of money. Basically. But it is in Carney's Point, New Jersey, while his home, family, and girlfriend are in Massachusetts. It is 5 hours and 200 miles away from here. So, so different. I never thought a moment would change my life so much. The day we got back from Florida, he had to immediately pack and get ready to leave - the next morning. Now you may call me pathetic. You may think I'm crazy for missing him, but we literally spent every day of the summer together one way or another. So this is a big deal. The night before he left was very sad. We went over our friend's house with our group for the last time for a while, and we all took a shot of vodka in his memory, honestly, lol. But it was a commemorative moment, so to speak. And I cried, a lot, and we both couldn't really handle not seeing each other whenever we pleased, and being long distance, and yadda yadda ya.
We are currently far apart, and have been for a week. And every weekend he comes back my heart falls out of my chest, and he takes it with him when he leaves again. And it will be like that for the next three years. And the second he graduates, I am so there. We will always be together. I feel like I am one of the few girls who can truly believe that. I just know he's the one. As corny as it is. But it's so true.
Other than the sad business, I have started my junior year and I'm excited and so, so scared.
I don't think I'm gonna get used to being so "old," basically everyone around me driving and getting jobs and having real life problems, it's so surreal. I'm not used to it. It seems like literally yesterday that all I cared about was coloring inside the lines. Pretty soon I'll be driving, 17 years old, and with my college boyfriend of 2 years. Holy fucking shit. Excuse me. But honestly? If I was 5th grade me looking at future 11th grade me, I wouldn't believe how lucky I got. It's still surreal how far I've come. My sister and I will be 21 and 17 soon. What the FUCK, you know?
I guess you could say I updated quite a bit, I mean, I'm still the same old goofy Lucy, and I will always be a little kid inside. But for now I'll play the role of grown-up responsible Lucy, who is 16 going on 17 and ready to face the real world soon enough.
I'll be back again,
Goodbye, Blogger!
No comments:
Post a Comment